God's Word

God's Word has the power to transform. This is my daily journey into the Word. It is my accountability to spend time with Him daily renewing my mind in His presence. Please feel free to join me, keep me accountable or make a comment.



Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sovereign God

     It has been a difficult journey since August.  I have continually struggled with discouragement and fear about this journey.  Physically, I had been discouraged for over two years because I have not felt good.  I am so thankful the Lord allowed the dreaded "corn dog" lunch which ultimately led to the discovery of this hernia.  I thought once they discovered the issue it would be an easy journey to get this fixed, but that has not been the case.  Today was a very low point.  Dealing with the insurance company and the hospital about the out of pocket cost pushed me to the point of tears.  I came home and sat down and cried for the hundredth time today. About 30 minutes ago, I picked up my Bible and was looking through the sermon notes from yesterday.  This quote DJ shared has reminded me of the sovereignty of God:

"We must see God as the ultimate Creator.  When we gaze on our Sovereign God we only need glance at our problems."

I went to my favorite Bible search engine and did some study on the sovereignty of God.  These verses particularly ministered to a discouraged, hurting heart.

11Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all. 12Both riches and honor come from you, and you rule over all. In your hand are power and might, and in your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all. 13 And now we thank you, our God, and praise your glorious name.
I Chronicles 29: 11-13

 12 I thank him who has given me strength, Christ Jesus our Lord, because he judged me faithful, appointing me to his service, 13 though formerly I was a blasphemer, persecutor, and insolent opponent. But I received mercy because I had acted ignorantly in unbelief, 14 and the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. 15 The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost. 16 But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life. 17 To the King of the ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.
1 Timothy 1:12-17

Lord, I praise You.  I know I will face nothing in this life which has not already been sifted through Your loving hands.  I believe.  Help my unbelief in times of discouragement and disappointment.  I am grateful for the opportunity to place my life in the Creator of all things.  You are immortal, the only God, all knowing and all wise.  Please help me to keep my gaze fixed on You.  I ask You to show me how to bring You honor and glory through the difficulties of this life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment